Regina Brett, 90 years in age of
The Plain Dealer in Cleveland, Ohio…Listed 45 lessons that life has taught him.
Below are 15 of my favorite…
- Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
- Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
- No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
- All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented is either my opinion or information obtained from sources believed to be reliable and factual; however, I make no representation as to the completeness or accuracy thereof. Any errors, including misuse or misspelling of words is either due to my fingers hitting the wrong keys, oversight, or my own ignorance.